Unable to edit my information using “My Settings” link in the SharePoint Site

We can find two links at the top of the SharePoint site as "My Settings" and "My Site". But I was unable to edit my information using "My Settings" link. Also when I clicked on "My Site" link it displayed an error message saying that cannot create a site because site is already created. Other users also had those two problems

I was able to solve those two problems by changing the "My Site Settings" from SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration. User Name in "My Site Settings" was changed to the Domain Users as shown in the below figure.















By changing User Name to Domain Users, it allows every user in the domain to create and maintain for him or her and maintaining his or her own profile. My Site Settings is appearing in the created Shared Service page

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to run UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE Statements on Azure SQL Database in Microsoft Fabric Notebook...

You can run UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE Statements on Azure SQL Database in Microsoft Fabric Notebook using Python SQL Driver - pyodbc.  For the Fa...