The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (Domain\User) of job SSISJob has server access...

I created a SSIS package, which connects to the SQL Server database using windows authentication.
Package run successfully when I executed it in the BIDS and I tried to schedule a job to execute the package.

When I tried to run the job, I got the below error message.

The job failed.  Unable to determine if the owner (Domain\User) of job SSISJob has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'Domain\User', error code 0x5. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 15404))

To fix it what I had to do is set the Log On account of the SQL Server Agent to a domain account.
Normally it is set for a built in account.
Then check whether the Owner of the job is set to the same domain user as the Log On account.

This fixed my problem and I was able to run the job successfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to run UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE Statements on Azure SQL Database in Microsoft Fabric Notebook...

You can run UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE Statements on Azure SQL Database in Microsoft Fabric Notebook using Python SQL Driver - pyodbc.  For the Fa...