While trying to view a SSRS report in the report server outside from the server, I got the below error message.
This because when we access the data source which use for the report from outside, it cannot connect to the cube due to the user permission issue.
- When we want to provide access for non domain users to the report, we provide credentials of an authorized user for the data source.
- Go to the Data Source folder in the report server and then click on the relevant data source.
- Then you will get set of properties and in that you can see Connect using: property.
- In that select Credentials stored securely in the report server option and provide a valid user name and password.
- But if you click Apply button by just providing that user name and password, when you are going to view the report you will get the above error message.
- To solve it you just want put a tick on Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source just below the Password.
- Then test the connection and click Apply after that.
Then view the report and you will be able to view it...